The release notes will tell you what’s new in each version, and any changes that you must be aware of when upgrading. For reference, Vidispine ticket numbers are printed as (#1234).
This release brings support for using services from our new media services platform Vidinet. Both transcode and quality control services are supported, and you can of course request cost estimates before using the services (#2781).
<ResourceListDocument xmlns="http://xml.vidispine.com/schema/vidispine"> <resource> <id>VX-1024</id> <vidinet> <url>vidinet://key:secret@7a104fb2-e520-430d-b6e2-b8acc9cbc588</url> <endpoint>https://services.vidinet.net</endpoint> <type>TRANSCODER</type> <state>ONLINE</state> </vidinet> </resource> </ResourceListDocument>
Private key authentication for SFTP¶
Authentication using private keys is now supported for SFTP. This is supported for both storages and transfers (#2799).
Documentation in WADL¶
The application WADL has been updated to include documentation for methods and query and matrix parameters (#2832).
S3 part size selection¶
The S3 upload
part size is now automatically increased to better handle
uploads of large files. Files up to 3.5 TB are now supported without any further
- Media check of file on SFTP storage never finishing (#2822).
- Cannot export file to directory that does not exist using SFTP (#2823).
- Missing role checks for item resource (#2815).
- Slow library item metadata update jobs (#2603).
- Add hashing algorithm in the file hash notification (#2841).
- SCC and srt sidecar files should not be auto-imported by default (#2833).
- Indexing halting when adding a date field with index=extend (#2788).
- Not able to update group by UUID if there are multiple groups with the same name (#2761).
- Search for groups not containing field return internal server error (#2652).
- NPE on import if all storages are full (#2861).
- Empty timestamps returned when using path projections (#2858).
- Transcode failing with numberOfPackets error on auto-import if fast start is enabled (#2798).
Upgrading from 4.10¶
- Solr: No changes to the documents. Re-indexing is not required.