The release notes will tell you what’s new in each version, and any changes that you must be aware of when upgrading. For reference, Vidispine ticket numbers are printed as (#1234).
- Add option to not remove padding from IMX packets in MOV (#2591).
- Have option not to create storages in Vidispine (#2594).
- Do not use the “instance host” field for shares with VSA (#2593).
- FTP connections should be reused (#2575).
- Update BlackPearl SDK to 3.2.8 (#2578).
- Slow SFTP transfers (#2564).
- Incorrect media type for ProTools (.ptx) files (#2558).
- Server logs do not show meaningful error when VSA fails to compute checksum (#2557).
- NPE when setting indextimespans=false and using item field groups (#2545).
- BlackPearl writes failing if object prefix does not exist (#2531).
- File permission self test failing on CentOS 6 (#2565).
- File ETag not in double quotes (#2513).
- Excessive logging on slave license validation error (#2484).
- High memory usage of idle transcoder (mmap threshold) (#2569).
- Memory leak with multi-page images (#2573).
- Huge transcoder log files (#2570).
- Reconnecting VSA to SSH-less VS may lead to NPE in VS (#2590).
- ValueError when adding S3/DS3 network share on CentOS 6 (#2567).
- VSA remove-share not removed from Vidispine Server (#2589).
- Shares cannot be removed in VSA mode (#2563).
- Agent disconnecting due to buffer underflow (#2562).
- Requests to agent fail with HTTP 415 Unsupported media type (#2560).
- Username and password shown in VXA log (#2534).
External storage of private keys and secrets¶
Storage credentials and private keys can now be stored in an external location and no longer need to be embedded in the storage URI (#2482).
Google Cloud Storage¶
Google Cloud Storage buckets can now be used as storages and with any job accepting a URI. See the gs scheme for details (#2322).
The MatrixStore SDK has been updated from version 3.1 to version 3.2. This allows Vidispine to connect to MatrixStore 3.2 clusters. It is still possible to use the 3.1 SDK instead by installing an optional subpackage, see Upgrade notes (#2437).
Command line tools¶
The vsctl command line tool can be used to query, inspect and update Vidispine (#2436). For example, to get a glance of the status of a system:
$ vsctl -h vs.example.com status http://vs.example.com:8080 Version: 4.7 Site: VX License: valid 1 online transcoders 12 online storages, 5 offline 0 pending jobs, 7 waiting jobs, 0 job problems Status: - Capacity of storage VX-2671 is above the high watermark and needs cleanup
- type: h2c port: 8088 - type: h2 port: 8081 keyStorePath: /etc/vidispine/server.keystore keyStorePassword: example validateCerts: false validatePeers: false
- IMF read and proxy generation (#2319).
- Notification publishing to Amazon SQS (#2316).
- Support 64-bit integers in metadata (#2345).
- Update collection content in a single request (#2392).
- Key-value metadata for collection-item relationships (#1173).
- Support for text overlays in video and images (#2488).
- Cancel/pause reindexing using the API (#1815).
- Select subtitle language when rendering a sequence (#2485).
- Make it possible to create a file and write data to it in one API call (#2413).
- Add endpoint to delete all shapes for an item (#2393).
- Support HEAD for noauth streaming URLs (#2495).
- Expose embedded broker queue sizes as metrics (#2490).
- Support growing files in VSA (#2441).
- Support fetching files with a specific state (#2438).
- Allow target storage to be specified for shape imports (#2417).
- Cacheable saved search endpoint (#2412).
- Support for .scc subtitle import and export (#2294).
- Support for transcoding image sequences in ARRIRAW or OpenEXR format (#2499). Note that performance is quite slow.
- Support for transcoding image sequences in DNG format. Note that performance is quite slow (#2429).
- Improved rendering of Arabic subtitles (#2427).
- Thumbnails not deleted from S3 storage (#2523).
- Library updates slowing down indexing (#2494).
- Incorrect result when listing files with “&” in path, using the “path” parameter (#2483).
- Schema validation not performed for item with assigned field group (#2423).
- Possible duplicate document entries due to concurrent creations (#2414).
- Transcode job retry failing with missing file error (#2400).
- Path projection not working for inherited metadata (#2419).
- PUT API/item/(id)/sequence/vidispine does not accept JSON (#2397).
- Exception stack traces in server log if license server is offline (#2500).
- Self test failing on transcoder directory resource (#2489).
- Transcode self test not using configured reverse address (#2487).
- Thumbnail self test fails for direct+ URLs (#1642).
- No websocket updates for new VXA registrations (#2447).
- Transcoder updates modification time on input file (#2460).
- When VSA is reconnecting, running transcode jobs cannot connect to same upload port (#2522).