The release notes will tell you what’s new in each version, and any changes that you must be aware of when upgrading. For reference, Vidispine ticket numbers are printed as (#1234).
Fix for CVE-2016-3714.
Although it is not likely that Vidispine systems are affected, as Vidispine does its own file type checking, the updated transcoder contains the suggested fix to the ImageMagick policy.xml (#2331).
- PSQLException when deleting item with large metadata (#2330).
- Slow mime-type check causing steps to disappear and retry (#2332).
- NPE when retrieving empty access control list (#2288).
- Collection metadata update with skipForbidden=True allows update of read-only fields (#2340).
Fix for calculation of burnt-in timecode for QuickTime source sources contains EDLs (#2334).
Properly handle MPEG-2 with separate field encoding (#2333).
For MPEG-2 interlaced video where fields are encoded separately, and stored in MPEG transport stream, use the following setting in the transcode preset document:
<demuxerSetting> <key>pts_mode</key> <value>original</value> </demuxerSetting>
This will be the default in Vidispine 4.6.
- The MatrixStore SDK has been updated from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199. This fixes an exception when reading XML files from MatrixStore (#2246).
- Jobs not running on MySQL (SQLGrammarException) (#2245).
- Slow update of user groups (#2272).
- Missing object metadata in MatrixStore (MXFS_FILENAME_UPPER) (#2271).
- SFTP file worker connection leak on file delete (#2249).
- IllegalArgumentException on item list to Azure (#2254).
- Moving a metadata timespan breaks references (#2218).
- Slow access DOT graph for items in a large amount of collections (#2251).
- No thumbnails created for certain files with an EDL (#2273).
- No document metadata for PDF files when transcoding on import (#2257).
- vidispine-admin failing if database URL contains port number (#2266).
- Long MediaInfo times for fragmented files (#2277).
- Handle WAV file with metadata of odd number of bytes (#2258).
- Slow listing of files on Azure (#2187).
- Video misidentified as image/cgm (#2185).
- Export transcode failure should fail export (#2183).
- File removed from Solr on shape delete with keepFiles=true (#2212).
- NPE on item reindex on thumbnail read error (#2221).
- Don’t use IN subquery statements with MySQL (#2177).
- Be able to skip indexing of timed metadata (#2212).
POST /storage/(storage-id)/file/datanot creating file when using segment files (#2171).
- NPE instead of 404 for
- Insecure parsing of m3u4 files (#2222).
- Shape deduction crash on invalid QuickTime file (#2180).
- Make transcoder fail on transcode of truncated QuickTime files (#2220).
- Transcoder crash on very short clip (#2223).
- Support for marking a file as a
duplicate of another(#2129).
- The thumbnail format used by the transcoder is now exposed as a setting (#2128).
- Signiant transfers failing for large files (#2152).
- Cannot delete group used in many ACLs on GlassFish (#2144).
- Username parameter ignored for
bulk item exports(#2137).
- Transcoder crash on aborted jobs (#2159).
- Deadlock on job start causing job to stop running (#2067).
- Rejected shape import requests causing empty jobs to be created (#2115).
- Configurable exclusive job step wait time. See
- Export job failing to find and copy file created from transcode step (#2106).
- List item jobs not writing directly to S3 (#2120).
- List item jobs not finishing when listing by group (#2108).
- FTP storage to empty directory does not work (#2062).
- No thumbnails created for MTS files (#2107).
- Transcoder stuck on broken PDF (#2122).
- Add option to fail if frame cannot be decoded (#2124).
- Incorrect scaling of posters (#2123).
- Encrypt credentials in thumbnail resource URIs (#1982).
- Storage rule supervisor repeatedly restarting due to a long running transaction, causing copy jobs not to start (#2050).
- High JMS connection usage from storage supervisor (#2047).
- Slow file system metadata updates causing growing imports to end early (Tunable growing file timeout) (#2053).
- Slow library search due to rollbacks (#2028).
- Cached search bigtext entries not always removed (#2041).
- Solr searchers keeping GlassFish from shutting down (#2038).
- Quote characters in a collection name generates broken access DOT graph (#2052).
- Checksum not computed for file with %2B in name (#2056).
- Checksum fails to compute for large files with vidispine-server (#2022).
- No version available from vidispine-server –version (#2034).
- Don’t put expired messages on the DLQ (#2023).
- Interlace flag not working for H.264 (#2036).
- Incorrect subclipping of MXF OP1a with index in footer (#2057).
- Incorrect bit depth for AES3 (#2059).
- 32bit lpcm detected as 16bit (#2058).
- Burnt in timecode text offset from text box (#2060).
- New Relic users will now see web requests with transaction names that match the path used in the request, instead of the automatic name assigned by New Relic which tends to group requests to different endpoints together.
- Speed ups when faceting on many fields with many matching terms.
- Cached search documents not being removed from the big text table, causing it to grow over time.
- The periodic update of a large library could cause library API requests and index updates to halt due to a locking issue.
- When using SolrCloud the connection manager could abort long running requests, typically causing updates to Solr to fail.
- Various bug fixes and improvements.
For the full list of changes, see the release notes.
RHEL 7 support¶
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 is now a supported. You may have already seen some EL7 RPMs in 4.3, but now the packaging of the transcoder has also been completed making EL7 the latest addition to the list of supported operating system.
The metrics page available on the admin port when running standalone Vidispine has been redesigned. It now also features graphs of some of the metrics exposed via StatsD and the metrics admin resource.
Vidispine can now be run without the need of an application server. See Standalone Vidispine.
It is now possible to query field groups when searching for items or collections.
<ItemSearchDocument xmlns="http://xml.vidispine.com/schema/vidispine"> <group> <name>movie_info</name> <field> <name>movie_name</name> <value>StarWars</value> </field> <field> <name>episode_no</name> <value>1</value> </field> </group> </ItemSearchDocument>