The release notes will tell you what’s new in each version, and any changes that you must be aware of when upgrading. For reference, Vidispine ticket numbers are printed as (#1234).
- Notification without media type causing notifications to not be sent (#2384).
- Cannot connect to S3 endpoint that requires v2 signatures (#2383).
- Use the storage with more free capacity using the high watermark evacuation (#2359).
- Do not move file to a storage without enough free space duration high watermark evacuation (#2360).
- Thumbnails on S3 sometimes cannot be updated (#2386).
- Updating thumbnails on S3 causing item reindex to fail (#2385).
- Index messages not rolled back on error (#2348).
- Accurate editing of audio-only MXF files (#2394).
Fix for CVE-2016-3714.
Although it is not likely that Vidispine systems are affected, as Vidispine does its own file type checking, the updated transcoder contains the suggested fix to the ImageMagick policy.xml (#2331).
- PSQLException when deleting item with large metadata (#2330).
- Slow mime-type check causing steps to disappear and retry (#2332).
- NPE when retrieving empty access control list (#2288).
- Collection metadata update with skipForbidden=True allows update of read-only fields (#2340).
- Azure HTTP x-ms-version header error (#2338).
- Fix duplicate keys when batch deleting AWS SQS messages (#2312).
- Error showing collection access graph if collection has ancestors (#2286).
- HTTP 500 when fetching components using content path and query result is empty (#2337).
- Library empty if hits greater than number of returned items (#2301).
- HTTP 500 when fetching default values for item with field groups (#2336).
- No jobMetadata for thumbnail job (#2329).
- S3 storage handler cannot successfully refresh from buckets via Google Storage Interoperability (#2300).
- Missing unique constraints on collection relationship tables (#2252).
- RPM upgrade recreates deployment License.lic which overrides slaveAuth.lic (#2307).
- Force server to use LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 (#2311).
- Adjust start and stop priority for vidispine service on CentOS (#2150).
Correct shape deduction of MPEG transport streams with large frame sizes (#2309).
Handle content where SPS/PPS does not match container timebase (#2335).
Properly handle mixing of audio-only MXFs (#2281).
For FLV files, read dimensions from container metadata instead of codec data (which is typically rounded up to the multiple of 8) (#2339).
Fix for calculation of burnt-in timecode for QuickTime source sources contains EDLs (#2334).
Properly handle MPEG-2 with separate field encoding (#2333).
For MPEG-2 interlaced video where fields are encoded separately, and stored in MPEG transport stream, use the following setting in the transcode preset document:
<demuxerSetting> <key>pts_mode</key> <value>original</value> </demuxerSetting>
This will be the default in Vidispine 4.6.
- The MatrixStore SDK has been updated from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206. This fixes an exception when reading XML files from MatrixStore (#2246).
- Solr self test fails when using SolrCloud (#1974).
- Incorrect Solr query when using nested OR operators (#2274).
- Jobs not running on MySQL (SQLGrammarException) (#2245).
- Slow update of user groups (#2272).
- Missing object metadata in MatrixStore (MXFS_FILENAME_UPPER) (#2271).
- SFTP file worker connection leak on file delete (#2249).
- IllegalArgumentException on item list to Azure (#2254).
- Moving a metadata timespan breaks references (#2218).
- Slow access DOT graph for items in a large amount of collections (#2251).
- No thumbnails created for certain files with an EDL (#2273).
- No document metadata for PDF files when transcoding on import (#2257).
- vidispine-admin failing if database URL contains port number (#2266).
- Incorrect transcode output written to S3 and DS3 by VSA (#2276).
- Incorrect exit code from vidispine-agent-admin (#2267).
- Added ability to use MainConcept MPEG-2 encoder (codec: mc_mpeg2video) for generic MPEG-2 for maximum control of encoding properties (#2279).
- Fixed problem canvas size when scaling images with non-proportional factors (#2268).
- Fix crash when using demuxerSetting and exception is thrown (#2282).
- PDF page count in shape metadata (image_pages) (#2283).
- Support image sharpening (#2278).
- Use DTS as fallback for missing PTS values (#2259).
- Long MediaInfo times for fragmented files (#2277).
- Handle WAV file with metadata of odd number of bytes (#2258).
Vidispine agent with S3 compatible storages¶
The agent has been updated to support S3 compatible storages as shares. This allows on-premise storages and archives to be connected to VS via the agent (#2174).
Spectra Logic BlackPearl¶
Support for connecting Spectra Logic BlackPearl storage systems with Spectra S3 interface (#2049). Works for both Vidispine and Vidispine Agent. Connect as storage using the ds3 scheme. MD5, CRC32 and CRC32c checksums are supported.
Color profiles management has been improved for PDFs (#2242) and bitmap images (#2244). Color profiles can now be detected from XMP metadata. Several profiles are now bundled with the transcoder. See Image-only settings.
Content paths and aliases¶
The item search resources have been updated with support for content paths and aliases. This allows for reduced response sizes and improved performance when fetching content relating to an item (#2133).
<ItemListDocument xmlns="http://xml.vidispine.com/schema/vidispine"> <hits>108265</hits> <item id="VX-481945"> <metadata> <timespan start="-INF" end="+INF"> <field> <name>title</name> <value>Stand On The Rock</value></field> </timespan> </metadata> </item> <shape> <tag>original</tag> <containerComponent> <file> <id>VX-5121000</id> <path>VX-5121000.jpg</path> <uri>file:///srv/media/VX-5121000.jpg</uri> <state>CLOSED</state> <size>12495</size> <hash>3fd6295d57e921f87505acce885e716930943c9f</hash> <timestamp>2016-02-21T12:24:10.967+01:00</timestamp> <refreshFlag>1</refreshFlag> <storage>VX-1</storage> </file> <format>JPEG</format> </containerComponent> </shape> </item> ... </ItemListDocument>
Full-text queries can now be used in search operators (#2126). This allows you to for example find collections matching one text query and that contain items matching another text query.
<ItemSearchDocument xmlns="http://xml.vidispine.com/schema/vidispine"> <operator operation="OR"> <operator operation="AND"> <text>Time</text> </operator> <item> <operator operation="AND"> <text>Sooner or later</text> </operator> </item> </operator> </ItemSearchDocument>
When searching for metadata field groups you can now opt to search for field groups only from items, collections, document or the global metadata (#2156).
PUT /metadata-field/field-group?source=item Content-Type: application/xml <MetadataFieldGroupSearchDocument xmlns="http://xml.vidispine.com/schema/vidispine"> <field> <name>app_comment</name> <value>Listen up</value> </field> </MetadataFieldGroupSearchDocument>
The performance of metadata updates on systems containing a large number of references has also been improved (#2145).
Collection metadata improvements¶
The collection metadata resource has been updated with a number of endpoints that were previously only available for the item metadata.
- It is now possible to view and manage change sets for a collection just as with an item (#2140).
- Metadata on collections can now also be moved and modified by UUID. (#2155).
Export templates are available as a beta version. The beta version means that syntax may change somewhat for the final implementation. This version is also a call for feedback for other functionality that you would like to see (#2117).
- The Amazon S3 infrequent access storage class is now supported (#2184).
- Libraries can now be listed using the list library resource, making it possible to more easily list a specific set of items (#2139).
- The position and style of burnt in timecodes can now be customized per preset (#2104).
- External transcodes support using non-local watchfolders (#2240).
- Support for adding custom JARs with vidispine-server (#2208).
- Possible NPE when importing EVS sidecar XML (#2178).
- Deleting conflicting metadata in one request (#2118).
- Transcoder crash on moof files with traf without streams (#2243).
- Transcoder uses a new ImageMagick, that fixes color issues with certain PDF/PS.
- Transcoder exposes some HTTP buffer settings, see HTTP buffer sizes.
Deprecated in 4.5¶
Support for GlassFish is being phased out and will be removed in Vidispine 4.6. We recommend that you switch to Standalone Vidispine when upgrading to Vidispine 4.3 or later.