The release notes will tell you what’s new in each version, and any changes that you must be aware of when upgrading. For reference, Vidispine ticket numbers are printed as (#1234).
- Center aligned subtitles come out as left aligned after STL sidecar import (#2693).
- Incorrect mime type of .ai (Adobe Illustrator) file (#2588).
- Time code does not reflect NTSC frame rate (#2767).
- Interlacing setting is not respected in NLEJob (#2766).
- Overlay address not proxied by agent (#2687).
- All jobs returned from agent when fetching running transcoder jobs only (#2658).
- Object on tape-only not restored properly from BlackPearl 3.x (#2670).
- Incorrect noauth-URL returned from API/poster (#2666).
- Incorrect H264 level when using CBR (#2674).
- Binary component not created for .srt files (#2661).
- Transcoder does not recognize <setting><key>level</key> (#2646).
- Duration analysis failing on audio-only MOV files (#2611).
- Transcoder fails to calculate PTS to DTS ratio (I/O error2 - 22) (#2636).
- Transcoder accessing files in parent folder (#2608).
- Username and password shown in agent log file (#2534).
- Add option to not remove padding from IMX packets in MOV (#2591).
- Update BlackPearl SDK to 3.2.8 (#2578).
- Slow SFTP transfers (#2564).
- Incorrect media type for ProTools (.ptx) files (#2558).
- Server logs do not show meaningful error when VSA fails to compute checksum (#2557).
- NPE when setting indextimespans=false and using item field groups (#2545).
- BlackPearl writes failing if object prefix does not exist (#2531).
- High memory usage of idle transcoder (mmap threshold) (#2569).
- Memory leak with multi-page images (#2573).
- Huge transcoder log files (#2570).
- Transcoder updates modification time on input file (#2460).
- Reconnecting VSA to SSH-less VS may lead to NPE in VS (#2590).
- ValueError when adding S3/DS3 network share on CentOS 6 (#2567).
- Export job does not properly save files from being deleted (#2510).
- Slow reindex of standalone files (#2507).
- Library endpoints do not work with long identifiers (#2492).
- Export job creates sidecar XML with extension .xml.xml when using filename script (#2473).
- Cannot copy file between S3 and local S3 compatible storage (#2389).
- NPE on container raw passkey import (#2433).
- Waiting raw passkey import job not aborting (#2342).
- Config file /etc/sysconfig/vidispine and license replaced on upgrade (#2497).
- Black video in Safari (#2511).
- D-10 VITC lines should be removed from poster (#2509).
- Transcoder does not handle content without aspect ration information (#2508).
- Don’t create thumbnails for all layers in an image (#2472).
- VSA is sometimes creating SSH connections that are not released (#2514).
- ConcurrentModificationException on agent reconnect (#2448).
- Delete an external id for an entity (#1138).
- Metadata performance improvements (#2424).
- Improved handling of MXF files with incorrect footer position offsets (#2468).
- Index checker holding lock on sequence table (#2370).
- Transient metadata of collection not updated when item is deleted (#2373).
- Incorrect query for phrase search containing quotation marks (#2375).
- “noescape” is affecting the result of version 2 search documents (#2376).
- Invalid range request exceptions with DS3 (#2406).
- Task servlets stops running without any error (#2410).
- Possible NPE when reindexing items with thumbnails on S3 (#2418).
- Transcode of a image sequence failed if the sequence number is padded (#2420).
- VSA import fails if the file path contains a space (#2421).
- VSA import fails if Vidispine server is restarted (#2422).
- Image sequence export jobs failing with FAILED_TOTAL (#2426).
- /APInoauth/stitch error - Comparison method violates its general contract! (#2431).
- Regression: “s3ProxyValidTime” setting not working (#2434).
- Deletion of entities should delete associated external IDs (#2443).
- Possible NPE on EVS sidecar import (#2445).
- Race between copy job and storage worker causing job to fail (#2462).
- Demuxer settings not passed to transcoder for thumbnail jobs (#2461).
- Transcode failing for MPEG2 with truncated time base value (#2465).
- Transcoder crashing on transcode of DNxHD with mixed interlaced and progressive frames (#2466).
- Incorrect frame rate in WMV header for 30 FPS material (#2467).
- Out-of-sync output for 23.967 MPEG PS (#2469).
- Interlaced H264 incorrectly reported as progressive (#2470).
- Black video in Safari for transcoded 29.97 FPS H264 (#2471).
- Broken encoding of AAC in MP4 (#2425).
- D10 blanking lines included in posters (#2463).
- Incorrect scaling of posters from NTSC files (#2464).
An instance can now be connected to a read-only database such as an Amazon RDS Read Replica, or a MySQL or PostgreSQL replica (#2292).
database: type: read_only_replica
This can also be used to connect to a database snapshot that should not be modified.
database: type: read_only_snapshot
Request- and search logging is still enabled by default when connected to a read replica/snapshot. This works by having updates submitted to a read-write instance using ActiveMQ. To disable this, use:
api: requestLogging: false searchHistory: false
Image sequences can now be imported using the normal import jobs, or directly from a storage. When importing using a URI, the URI must contain a file fragment and a wildcard specifying the placement of the sequence number (#2296). See Image sequences.
<ResourceDocument xmlns="http://xml.vidispine.com/schema/vidispine"> <cloudconvert> <apiKey>your-api-key</apiKey> </cloudconvert> </ResourceDocument>
Storage load balancing¶
Files can now be load balanced across multiple selected storages (#2149). For example, to have a file stored on at least two of the storages from a specific group:
<StorageRuleDocument xmlns="http://xml.vidispine.com/schema/vidispine"> <storageCount>2</storageCount> <pool> <group>local-storage-pool</group> </pool> </StorageRuleDocument>
Additional storages could then be added to this group in case additional storage space is required.
- Define your own custom job types (#2379).
- Threaded notification deliveries (#2192).
- Read-only/offline thumbnail resources (#2327).
- Make it possible to delete a user completely (#2381).
- Add document and PDF media types (#2357).
- Make it possible to set username in auto import rule (#2356).
- Quota rule filtering (#2353).
- Support for querying collection child item count (#2350).
- Add configuration property to control agent sync behaviour (#2382).
- Support useOriginalFilename=true with copy/move jobs (#2344).
- Setting Content-Disposition headers for S3 when signed URLs are generated (#2326).
- Solr solrUpdateQueueSize setting not working (#2396).
- XMP sidecar import not working if parseXMP=false (#2354).
- MxfServerAccessControlBean uses a fixed connection ID (#2378).
- Add multipart/form-data noauth import resource (#2380).
- This release adds support for Ubuntu 16.04 and MySQL 5.7 (#2321).
- The transcoder no longer auto-starts when installed, and will restart if already during upgrade (from 4.6 and forward).
Deprecated in 4.6¶
Discontinued in 4.6¶
- Support for GlassFish has been discontinued. Use Installation instead.
- Support for Java 7 has been discontinued. Use Java 8 instead.
- Support for Microsoft Windows Server has been discontinued.