The release notes will tell you what’s new in each version, and any changes that you must be aware of when upgrading. For reference, Vidispine ticket numbers are printed as (#1234).
- Collection not reindexed after being renamed (#4525).
- Collection metadata not validated for POST API/collection (#4493).
- Incorrect transient metadata for item if file copy job fails (#4174).
- Incorrect deletion lock metadata for copied file (#3825).
- User can assign himself to a group without _group_write permission (#4546).
- Imports failing due to Infinispan lock errors for XMP fields (#4487).
- Bulk collection delete fails if collection has ancestor relationship (#4405).
- Direct S3 to S3 transfers not used when useSegmentFiles is true (#4383).
- Metadata modified notification triggered on empty changes (#4465).
- Renamed file not re-detected until after 5 hours (#4579).
- No write from transcoder in 1 hour causes mutable range write to fail (#4575).
- Error retrieving thumbnails from VSA (#4165).
Change the owner of an entity will generate a duplicate “indexLog” entry (#4450).
db migrateis needed to remove the already existing duplicate entries in
t_indexlog. The migration is considered as optional since this issue doesn’t cause any problem functionally. It only affects the performance of ACL reindex. You can choose when to run
db migrate, and the duplicate entries won’t be removed until then.
Prevent possible JGroups “split-brain” issue during VidiCore startup (#4518).
Mimetype missing on new shape versions (#4514).
The output file of a “m4a” shape tag should have “m4a” as file extension (#4504).
VidiCore fails to update VidiCoder License in some cases (#4494).
Incorrect search hit on the /search endpoint in some cases (#4488).
Possible OOM when updating metadata referenced in many places (#4484).
Glacier file with special character in name stops storage scan (#4472).
Too many parameter error in SQL query from DB cleanup (#4438).
Incorrect timecode if fetching metadata containing “inherited timespan” using the “interval” query parameter (#4368).
Export with both tag and interval ignores the tag (#4156).
Removed child collection is still available from parent collection search (#4404)
- Creating video in 60 fps produces invalid length (#4481).
- Incorrect system metadata fields on item level for NTSC drop-frame videos (#4480).
- Fix invalid audio in MXF created by AVID (#4418).
- Regressions in certain ProRes decodes since transcoder 4.13 (#3866).
- Be able to choose which transcoder to use for an essence import job using the
- Improved IMF support (#4427).
- Support case-insensitive sorting in search (#4406).
- Add ‘vidinetJobId’ and ‘vidinetResourceId’ to analyze job metadata (#4401).
- Vidispine server fails to send/create essence version job to Vidinet (#4422).
- Deletion-lock document shows wrong information when long identifier is set (#4387).
- Reindexing fails if an “recursive=true” ACL is applied to an entity with a lot of sub-entities. (#4367).
- Empty thumbnail result when the “version” query parameter is “all” (#4310).
- Metadata not updated after deleting essence version (#4279).
- Import from VSA where path contains whitespace fails (#4407).
- Global setting for default job type priority (#4351).
- Be able to configure concurrency limit by job type (#4076).
- Filter out users that are being deleted from the result of “GET /user” (#4302).
- Be able to create projectVersion with file path containing spaces (#4361).
- Be able to set “duration” to 1 minute for pre-signed URLs (#4336).
- Closing raw file chunks should be asynchronous (#4238).
- Allow overlapping subtitle elements (#3847).
New transcoder features¶
- Extract SEI frame timestamp (#4325).
- Thumbnails incorrectly removed after essence version deletions (#4344).
- Users can not write their own metadata via the metadata endpoint (#4338).
- NPE while closing a file if its storage contains a storage method with unsupported scheme (#4334).
- Cannot create collection with schema validation enabled without specifying bogus collection id (#4236).
- In some cases, thumbnails were not deleted after an item had been removed. (#4021).
- SCC import removes spaces around italic markers (#3737).
- Overlays are not working properly for YUV422P16 pixel formats (#4286).
- Files with semicolon in path do not import using VSA (#4230).
It’s now possible to send notifications to an Amazon SNS topic (#4149) using configurations like:
<NotificationDocument xmlns="http://xml.vidispine.com/schema/vidispine"> <action> <sns synchronous="false"> <contentType>application/xml</contentType> <endpoint>sns.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com</endpoint> <topic>arn:aws:sns:eu-west-1:#############:sns-topic-name</topic> <secret>aws</secret> </sns> </action> <trigger> ... </trigger> </NotificationDocument>
Support for Amazon SQS FIFO (First-In-First-Out) queues has been added as well (#3453). See here.
Support job facet counts¶
/job/search endpoint has been added to support facet counts of jobs (#4229):
PUT /job/search Content-Type: application/xml <JobSearchDocument xmlns="http://xml.vidispine.com/schema/vidispine"> <facet count="true" name="JobTypes"> <field>type</field> </facet> </JobSearchDocument>
<JobListDocument xmlns="http://xml.vidispine.com/schema/vidispine"> <hits>2</hits> <job> <jobId>VX-1</jobId> <user>admin</user> <started>2020-02-19T13:53:21.110Z</started> <finished>2020-02-19T13:53:21.242Z</finished> <status>FINISHED</status> <type>RAW_IMPORT</type> <priority>MEDIUM</priority> </job> <job> <jobId>VX-2</jobId> <user>admin</user> <started>2020-02-19T13:53:21.110Z</started> <finished>2020-02-19T13:53:21.242Z</finished> <status>STARTED</status> <type>AUTO_IMPORT</type> <priority>MEDIUM</priority> </job> <facet name="JobTypes"> <field>type</field> <count fieldValue="RAW_IMPORT">1</count> <count fieldValue="AUTO_IMPORT">1</count> </facet> </JobListDocument>
- Paging support for user group search (#4162).
- Case insensitive user search (#4118).
- Filter users by enabled/disabled status (#4072).
- Add support for audio level adjustments on the NLEJob timeline (#4025).
- Support mixing of sequence renditions (#3848).
- Improve the performance of fetching metadata with “defaultValue=true” in a cluster environment. (#4319).
- Support SQL Query rewriting for MSSQL (#4324).
- Be able to configure the batch size in DeletionLockBufferCruncher. (#4099)
- Remove unused database indexes (#4280).
- Possible infinite retry of a job step (#4259).
- Slow indexing on system using external ids (#4101).
- Deletion-lock does not show full siteId in systems using long identifiers (#4195).
- EXPORT job is incorrectly marked as FINISHED if one of its steps fails due to being DISAPPEARED (#4200).
- Fix possible NegativeArraySizeException when uploading large files to S3 (#4256)
- Abort Vidispine job if transfer step throws a runtime exception (#4305)
- Incorrect results from CONFORM job on long GOP material (#3549).
- Deinterlacing provides wrong frame rate (#4258)
- Thumbnailbackground settings in TranscodePresetDocument does not take effect (#3909)
- Scaling is ignored in NLEJob (#4023)
- Subtitle rendering is broken for all video formats that are not 4:2:0 (#4024)
- Closed Captions(EIA-608,CEA-708) not found (#4246)
Upgrading from 5.1¶
- Solr: No changes to the documents. Re-indexing is not required.