The release notes will tell you what’s new in each version, and any changes that you must be aware of when upgrading. For reference, Vidispine ticket numbers are printed as (#1234).
- Be able to choose which transcoder to use for an essence import job using the
- Improved IMF support (#4427).
- Support case-insensitive sorting in search (#4406).
- Add ‘vidinetJobId’ and ‘vidinetResourceId’ to analyze job metadata (#4401).
- Vidispine server fails to send/create essence version job to Vidinet (#4422).
- Deletion-lock document shows wrong information when long identifier is set (#4387).
- Reindexing fails if an “recursive=true” ACL is applied to an entity with a lot of sub-entities. (#4367).
- Empty thumbnail result when the “version” query parameter is “all” (#4310).
- Metadata not updated after deleting essence version (#4279).
- Import from VSA where path contains whitespace fails (#4407).
- Global setting for default job type priority (#4351).
- Be able to configure concurrency limit by job type (#4076).
- Filter out users that are being deleted from the result of “GET /user” (#4302).
- Be able to create projectVersion with file path containing spaces (#4361).
- Be able to set “duration” to 1 minute for pre-signed URLs (#4336).
- Closing raw file chunks should be asynchronous (#4238).
- Allow overlapping subtitle elements (#3847).
New transcoder features¶
- Extract SEI frame timestamp (#4325).
- Thumbnails incorrectly removed after essence version deletions (#4344).
- Users can not write their own metadata via the metadata endpoint (#4338).
- NPE while closing a file if its storage contains a storage method with unsupported scheme (#4334).
- Cannot create collection with schema validation enabled without specifying bogus collection id (#4236).
- In some cases, thumbnails were not deleted after an item had been removed. (#4021).
- SCC import removes spaces around italic markers (#3737).
- Overlays are not working properly for YUV422P16 pixel formats (#4286).
- Files with semicolon in path do not import using VSA (#4230).
It’s now possible to send notifications to an Amazon SNS topic (#4149) using configurations like:
<NotificationDocument xmlns="http://xml.vidispine.com/schema/vidispine"> <action> <sns synchronous="false"> <contentType>application/xml</contentType> <endpoint>sns.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com</endpoint> <topic>arn:aws:sns:eu-west-1:#############:sns-topic-name</topic> <secret>aws</secret> </sns> </action> <trigger> ... </trigger> </NotificationDocument>
Support for Amazon SQS FIFO (First-In-First-Out) queues has been added as well (#3453). See here.
Support job facet counts¶
/job/search endpoint has been added to support facet counts of jobs (#4229):
PUT /job/search Content-Type: application/xml <JobSearchDocument xmlns="http://xml.vidispine.com/schema/vidispine"> <facet count="true" name="JobTypes"> <field>type</field> </facet> </JobSearchDocument>
<JobListDocument xmlns="http://xml.vidispine.com/schema/vidispine"> <hits>2</hits> <job> <jobId>VX-1</jobId> <user>admin</user> <started>2020-02-19T13:53:21.110Z</started> <finished>2020-02-19T13:53:21.242Z</finished> <status>FINISHED</status> <type>RAW_IMPORT</type> <priority>MEDIUM</priority> </job> <job> <jobId>VX-2</jobId> <user>admin</user> <started>2020-02-19T13:53:21.110Z</started> <finished>2020-02-19T13:53:21.242Z</finished> <status>STARTED</status> <type>AUTO_IMPORT</type> <priority>MEDIUM</priority> </job> <facet name="JobTypes"> <field>type</field> <count fieldValue="RAW_IMPORT">1</count> <count fieldValue="AUTO_IMPORT">1</count> </facet> </JobListDocument>
- Paging support for user group search (#4162).
- Case insensitive user search (#4118).
- Filter users by enabled/disabled status (#4072).
- Add support for audio level adjustments on the NLEJob timeline (#4025).
- Support mixing of sequence renditions (#3848).
- Improve the performance of fetching metadata with “defaultValue=true” in a cluster environment. (#4319).
- Support SQL Query rewriting for MSSQL (#4324).
- Be able to configure the batch size in DeletionLockBufferCruncher. (#4099)
- Remove unused database indexes (#4280).
- Possible infinite retry of a job step (#4259).
- Slow indexing on system using external ids (#4101).
- Deletion-lock does not show full siteId in systems using long identifiers (#4195).
- EXPORT job is incorrectly marked as FINISHED if one of its steps fails due to being DISAPPEARED (#4200).
- Fix possible NegativeArraySizeException when uploading large files to S3 (#4256)
- Abort Vidispine job if transfer step throws a runtime exception (#4305)
- Incorrect results from CONFORM job on long GOP material (#3549).
- Deinterlacing provides wrong frame rate (#4258)
- Thumbnailbackground settings in TranscodePresetDocument does not take effect (#3909)
- Scaling is ignored in NLEJob (#4023)
- Subtitle rendering is broken for all video formats that are not 4:2:0 (#4024)
- Closed Captions(EIA-608,CEA-708) not found (#4246)
Upgrading from 5.1¶
- Solr: No changes to the documents. Re-indexing is not required.