The release notes will tell you what’s new in each version, and any changes that you must be aware of when upgrading. For reference, Vidispine ticket numbers are printed as (#1234).
- Better dataset validation error messages (#4939).
- Doing quota calculation in small chunks (#4931).
- Only doing S3 URI validation for storages with methodTypes == NONE (#4916).
- Return 503 instead of 401 when database is down (#4910).
- Too many parameter error in SQL query from group deletion on SQL Server (#4935).
- Elasticsearch: highlight result missing from some of the timespan segments (#4933).
- Search hit not correct on Elasticsearch if the query is using “facet with exclude” (#4925).
- Possible integer overflow during timecode comparison (#4924).
- VSA connections may lead to race conditions (#4909).
- SNS notification on Item Metadata Change did not include the value of metadata-field (#4907).
- Green bar on the right side when decoding ProRes with odd width (#189855).
- 23.976 fps material detected as 25 fps (#190152).
- Improve IMF 2020 XSD support (#4913).
- Improve deletion speed of items whose metadata is referenced in many places (#4912).
- Improve metadata update speed if it’s referenced by a large number of entities (#4897).
- Support parsing FinalCut xml with sequence reference (#4887).
- Be able to parallelize bulky metadata migration (#4846).
- Job finished notifications not been processed for a long time (#4900).
- Indexing and search performance improvements (#4881).
- Improve metadata retrieval speed with inherited metadata (#4849).
- Make it possible to choose directory traversing algorithm (#4824).
- Optimize job startup speed (#4808).
- Be able to use the storage external id when registering a file (#4786).
- Support IMF schema ST 2067-2:2020 (#4741).
- Be able to set com.vidispine.service.quorum via configuration properties (#4728).
- VSA cannot connect to Spectra BlackPearl share (#4851).
- Search Cursor changes each time at the end of the search result (#4823).
- Not able to search for metadata field group with space in name (#4758).
- Fix missing Content-Length header from the APInoauth thumbnail and poster endpoints (#4743).
- Facet search not returning results in timed metadata (#4734).
- File retains inherited deletion-lock even after detached from item/shape (#4708).
- Fix incorrect Waveform URI not using the apiNoauthURI setting (#4624).
- Memory leak regression in deinterlacefilter (#4864).
- Item sequence render conform job gives unexpected result when average framerate is off (#4784).
Thumbnail sprite sheet¶
A thumbnail sprite sheet is a big image of all thumbnails laid out on a canvas, together with a description on where every thumbnail is stored. (#4794)
The sprite sheet can be used by UI to quickly navigate through all thumbnails without having to load them one by one.
GET /item/VX-14836/thumbnail/spritesheet Content-Type: application/xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <ThumbnailSpriteSheetDocument xmlns="http://xml.vidispine.com/schema/vidispine"> <etag>a0231b88172bb02e77940fd118ead3f8</etag> <url>http://localhost:8080/API/thumbnail/VX-1/VX-14836;version=0/0?type=tsi&hash=5738287a0bdbd31c228263e74d250567</url> <path>VX-1/VX-14836;version=0/0?type=tsi&hash=5738287a0bdbd31c228263e74d250567</path> <thumbnail> <width>320</width> <height>234</height> <x>0</x> <y>0</y> <timecode> <samples>50</samples> <timeBase> <numerator>1</numerator> <denominator>50</denominator> </timeBase> </timecode> <endTimecode> <samples>250</samples> <timeBase> <numerator>1</numerator> <denominator>50</denominator> </timeBase> </endTimecode> </thumbnail> <!-- more thumbnails--> ... </ThumbnailSpriteSheetDocument>
Self-refreshing library support for Elasticsearch¶
A separate Elasticsearch index called
vidispine_percolator is used to hold the percolate queries. It’s created as part of the
vidispine elasticsearch init command.
Systems upgrading from older VidiCore versions can use
vidispine elasticsearch init --percolator-index to only create the percolator index without touching the main index.
Indexing speed improvement for Solr and Elasticsearch¶
Various fixes has been made to adjust the requests that VidiCore sends to Solr and Elasticsearch, in order to improve the indexing speed. (#4777, #4850)
For Elasticsearch, it’s now possible to use multiple threads to send documents to Elasticsearch (see
elasticsearchWorkerCount). It should improve the indexing speed while using Elasticsearch cluster. (#4701)
There is also a property
elasticsearchBulkBuffer, which can be used to adjust the internal buffer size of the Elasticsearch worker thread. It will affect indexing speed as well.
Different handling of timecodes from scc subtitle files¶
Before 5.6, the timecodes of scc subtitle metadata are taken directly from the subtitle file without modification. (#4314)
In 5.6, the default behavior has been changed: the result of
item.startTimecode - scc timecode will be applied to the item metadata instead.
If you want to retain the old behavior,
useAbsoluteSccTimeCode has to be set to
Possibility to override shape tag in sequence render request¶
When rendering a sequence, the codecs and settings in the requested shape tag definition can be overridden by the SequenceDocument. (#4506, #4507).
- Support for s3 pre-signed URL requests for upload with KMS-SSE buckets (#4628).
- Add support for file lost notification (#4711).
- Decode support for CR3 (Canon Raw) format (#4834).
- Decode support for HEIC images (#4698).
- Set ChannelLayout for the transcoded output (#4559).
- Extend mix element to hold time-based mix information (#4506).
- Make message acknowledgement faster when ActiveMQ is configured to use JDBC datasource (#4778).
- Be able to hash files on a VidiCore S3 storage using VSA (#4694).
- Implement support for cost estimates for hightscreen/smartcrop jobs (#4654).
- Support for multiple publickeys & certificates in Oauth2 config (#4595).
- Update VSCTL to Python3 (#4586).
- Always start/restart transcoder service after install/update (#4724).
- Possible broken notification documents after a vacuumlo on PostgreSQL (#4831).
- Invalid PUT request when closing files (#4803).
- Double indexing on item placeholder creation (#4776).
- Not possible to add vsa network share where host contains port. (#4759).
- Slow reindex of collections compared to items (#4680).
- VSA add-network-share doesn’t work with Scality S3 (#4363).
- VSA allows access/import of files outside local fs share (#4670).
- Shape standard properties are not consistent after transcoding (#4795).
- Audio gain not working properly (#4767).
- Audio fade out using AudioCrossFade is not working (#4749).
- Add support for transition at start of timeline (#4745).
- FadeInOutDissolve not working (#4727).
- Lip-sync issue when transcoding a file with lowres shape-tag (#4700).
- Error when transcoding PDF file with different page size and orientation (#3943).
Upgrading from 5.5¶
- Solr: No changes to the documents. Re-indexing is not required.