The release notes will tell you what’s new in each version, and any changes that you must be aware of when upgrading. For reference, Vidispine ticket numbers are printed as (#1234).
Apache Log4j 2 Security Vulnerability¶
As mentioned here,
VidiCore and its components are not affected by the recent Log4j Vulnerability
However, as an extra precaution, we have upgraded the log4j dependency to 2.17.0 in VidiCore,
-Dlog4j2.formatMsgNoLookups=true in the Solr JVM property in this version. (#199184)
- Fix Export location ignoring file naming script when timespan is supplied (#198215)
Cloudconvert API v2 support¶
Support of Cloudconvert API V2 has been added. (#197500)
To setup a cloudconvert resource using the V2 API, add a version=2 property to the resource definition:
<ResourceDocument xmlns="http://xml.vidispine.com/schema/vidispine" version="2"> <cloudconvert> <apiKey>your-api-key</apiKey> </cloudconvert> </ResourceDocument>
Check this section for more info
- Solr: Improve cursor search speed on generic interval (#197486)
- Remove extra cursor search request to the backend. (#197487)
- Incorrect MCC ROLL_UP parsing (#198962)
- Entities in a collection get non-recursive appliesTo ACL unexpectedly (#197508)
- Fix regression since 5.3, where dropFrame flag didn’t show correct value (#197831)
- Mask LDAP password that is stored in Vidicore (#4875).
- Metadata migration shows all previous field values (#4923).
- IndexOutOfBoundsException if the search document contains empty phrase (#4842).
- Datetime returned from essence version endpoint is incorrect (#4796).
- Transfer job that can’t write to destination reports as success instead of failure (#190427)
- Improvement 190701: Add new R3D SDK (#190701)
- BITC issue where the TC keeps going back to 0 (#190679).
- Audio only MXF output not working (#190990).
- Better dataset validation error messages (#4939).
- Doing quota calculation in small chunks (#4931).
- Only doing S3 URI validation for storages with methodTypes == NONE (#4916).
- Return 503 instead of 401 when database is down (#4910).
- Too many parameter error in SQL query from group deletion on SQL Server (#4935).
- Elasticsearch: highlight result missing from some of the timespan segments (#4933).
- Search hit not correct on Elasticsearch if the query is using “facet with exclude” (#4925).
- Possible integer overflow during timecode comparison (#4924).
- VSA connections may lead to race conditions (#4909).
- SNS notification on Item Metadata Change did not include the value of metadata-field (#4907).
- Green bar on the right side when decoding ProRes with odd width (#189855).
- 23.976 fps material detected as 25 fps (#190152).
- MediaInfo parses duration of RDD25 files incorrectly (#188579).
- Increase performance for decoding multiple audio tracks (#190609).
- Add support for rendering 59.94 framerate video timelines (#4920).
- Improve IMF 2020 XSD support (#4913).
- Improve deletion speed of items whose metadata is referenced in many places (#4912).
- Improve metadata update speed if it’s referenced by a large number of entities (#4897).
- Indexing optimization of high-load metadata patterns (#4894).
- Support parsing FinalCut xml with sequence reference (#4887).
- Be able to parallelize bulky metadata migration (#4846).
- Database migration error on MySQL and SQL Server (#4917).
- Incorrect SCC ROLL_UP parsing (#4903).
- Job finished notifications not been processed for a long time (#4900).
Baton QC Service Support on VidiNet¶
It’s now possible to use the Baton QC service if you are running VidiCore on VidiNet. For more information, please refer to VidiNet. (#4840)
- Indexing and search performance improvements (#4881).
- Improve metadata retrieval speed with inherited metadata (#4849).
- Make it possible to choose directory traversing algorithm (#4824).
- Optimize job startup speed (#4808).
- Be able to use the storage external id when registering a file (#4786).
- Support IMF schema ST 2067-2:2020 (#4741).
- Be able to set com.vidispine.service.quorum via configuration properties (#4728).
- Only start decoder when it is actually needed in NLEJob (#4027).
- VSA cannot connect to Spectra BlackPearl share (#4851).
- Search Cursor changes each time at the end of the search result (#4823).
- Not able to search for metadata field group with space in name (#4758).
- Fix missing Content-Length header from the APInoauth thumbnail and poster endpoints (#4743).
- Facet search not returning results in timed metadata (#4734).
- File retains inherited deletion-lock even after detached from item/shape (#4708).
- Fix incorrect Waveform URI not using the apiNoauthURI setting (#4624).
- Memory leak regression in deinterlacefilter (#4864).
- Item sequence render conform job gives unexpected result when average framerate is off (#4784).
- Scenechange thumbnailPlugin results in thumbnails with SAME scene (#4337).
Upgrading from 5.6¶
- Solr: No changes to the documents. Re-indexing is not required.