The release notes will tell you what’s new in each version, and any changes that you must be aware of when upgrading. For reference, Vidispine ticket numbers are printed as (#1234).
- Better dataset validation error messages (#4939).
- Doing quota calculation in small chunks (#4931).
- Only doing S3 URI validation for storages with methodTypes == NONE (#4916).
- Return 503 instead of 401 when database is down (#4910).
- Too many parameter error in SQL query from group deletion on SQL Server (#4935).
- Elasticsearch: highlight result missing from some of the timespan segments (#4933).
- Search hit not correct on Elasticsearch if the query is using “facet with exclude” (#4925).
- Possible integer overflow during timecode comparison (#4924).
- VSA connections may lead to race conditions (#4909).
- SNS notification on Item Metadata Change did not include the value of metadata-field (#4907).
- Green bar on the right side when decoding ProRes with odd width (#189855).
- 23.976 fps material detected as 25 fps (#190152).
- MediaInfo parses duration of RDD25 files incorrectly (#188579).
- Increase performance for decoding multiple audio tracks (#190609).
- Add support for rendering 59.94 framerate video timelines (#4920).
- Improve IMF 2020 XSD support (#4913).
- Improve deletion speed of items whose metadata is referenced in many places (#4912).
- Improve metadata update speed if it’s referenced by a large number of entities (#4897).
- Indexing optimization of high-load metadata patterns (#4894).
- Support parsing FinalCut xml with sequence reference (#4887).
- Be able to parallelize bulky metadata migration (#4846).
- Database migration error on MySQL and SQL Server (#4917).
- Incorrect SCC ROLL_UP parsing (#4903).
- Job finished notifications not been processed for a long time (#4900).
Baton QC Service Support on VidiNet¶
It’s now possible to use the Baton QC service if you are running VidiCore on VidiNet. For more information, please refer to VidiNet. (#4840)
- Indexing and search performance improvements (#4881).
- Improve metadata retrieval speed with inherited metadata (#4849).
- Make it possible to choose directory traversing algorithm (#4824).
- Optimize job startup speed (#4808).
- Be able to use the storage external id when registering a file (#4786).
- Support IMF schema ST 2067-2:2020 (#4741).
- Be able to set com.vidispine.service.quorum via configuration properties (#4728).
- Only start decoder when it is actually needed in NLEJob (#4027).
- VSA cannot connect to Spectra BlackPearl share (#4851).
- Search Cursor changes each time at the end of the search result (#4823).
- Not able to search for metadata field group with space in name (#4758).
- Fix missing Content-Length header from the APInoauth thumbnail and poster endpoints (#4743).
- Facet search not returning results in timed metadata (#4734).
- File retains inherited deletion-lock even after detached from item/shape (#4708).
- Fix incorrect Waveform URI not using the apiNoauthURI setting (#4624).
- Memory leak regression in deinterlacefilter (#4864).
- Item sequence render conform job gives unexpected result when average framerate is off (#4784).
- Scenechange thumbnailPlugin results in thumbnails with SAME scene (#4337).
Upgrading from 5.6¶
- Solr: No changes to the documents. Re-indexing is not required.