Error log report¶
The error log report is used to collect information about the Vidispine installation, and contains information about certain jobs or items. A log report should always be included if you encounter an issue that you wish to report to us .
This tool is located at /LogReport. After filling in all the information, press Extract and collect logs and wait while the system extract the needed logs; this might take a while. Then press on ‘Save report’ and save the created .zip-file on your computer. Then send this file to your Vidispine reseller.
- Error report information
- This is where you describe your problem. Be specific on what the problem is, what you did when it appeared.
- Time span
- What time did the error occurred? Set start time and end time
- Your Vidispine user-name and password
- Optional fields
- Fill in this information if any is applicable on the particular problem you are having..
- The id of the job that failed, if applicable to the issue.
- The id of the item that the issue relates to, if applicable.
- The id of the storage that the issue relates to, if applicable.
- Name of the Vidispine user that was used when this problem occurred.
If your application has a custom form for reporting issues then you can instead collect the log files using the Vidispine logs resource.
For example, to retrieve a log report for a specific job:
GET API/vidispine-logs?job=VX-32&comment=Incorrect%20aspect%20ratio%20of%20transcoded%20image Accept: application/zip
200 OK Content-Type: application/zip Transfer-Encoding: chunked ...