New in version 4.3.
The standalone Vidispine server is an application that can be used to run Vidispine without the need of an application server such as GlassFish or JBoss. The application embeds Jetty and OpenEJB, which makes it possible to run Vidispine in an application server or as a standalone service.
The goal is to:
- Make installing, configuring and upgrading VS easier.
- Give us full control of the libraries used with VS.
The differences compared to running Vidispine on GlassFish:
- Solr will NOT run in the same JVM as Vidispine.
- ActiveMQ is used instead of the broker (OpenMQ/HornetQ) used by the application server. ActiveMQ can be run embedded or standalone.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Installing distribution-specific packages
- Quick setup
- Service configuration
- Server configuration
- Package reference
See our knowledge base articles for how to install Vidispine onto an application server.