The release notes will tell you what’s new in each version, and any changes that you must be aware of when upgrading. For reference, Vidispine ticket numbers are printed as (#1234).
- Prevent possible JGroups “split-brain” issue during VidiCore startup (#4518).
- Mimetype missing on new shape versions (#4514).
- VidiCore fails to update VidiCoder License in some cases (#4494).
- Incorrect search hit on the /search endpoint in some cases (#4488).
- Possible OOM when updating metadata referenced in many places (#4484).
- Too many parameter error in SQL query from DB cleanup (#4438).
- Incorrect timecode if fetching metadata containing “inherited timespan” using the “interval” query parameter (#4368).
- Export with both tag and interval ignores the tag (#4156).
- Removed child collection is still available from parent collection search (#4404)
- Regressions in certain ProRes decodes since transcoder 4.13 (#3866).
- Be able to choose which transcoder to use for an essence import job using the
- Improved IMF support (#4427).
- Add ‘vidinetJobId’ and ‘vidinetResourceId’ to analyze job metadata (#4401).
- Vidispine server fails to send/create essence version job to Vidinet (#4422).
- Empty thumbnail result when the “version” query parameter is “all” (#4310).
- Metadata not updated after deleting essence version (#4279).
- Import from VSA where path contains whitespace fails (#4407).
- Filter out users that are being deleted from the result of “GET /user” (#4302).
- Be able to create projectVersion when the file path has spacing (#4361).
- Be able to set “duration” to 1 minute for pre-signed URLs (#4336).
- Support SQL Query rewriting for MSSQL (#4324).
- Improve the performance of fetching metadata with “defaultValue=true” in a cluster environment. (#4319).
- Closing raw file chunks should be asynchronous (#4238).
- Thumbnails incorrectly removed after essence version deletions (#4344).
- Cannot create collection with schema validation enabled without specifying bogus collection id (#4236).
- Deletion-lock does not show full siteId in systems using long identifiers (#4195).
- SCC import removes spaces around italic markers (#3737).
- Overlays are not working properly for YUV422P16 pixel formats (#4286).
- Files with semicolon in path do not import using VSA (#4230).
- Improve large metadata updating speed on item and collection (#4309).
- Abort Vidispine job if transfer step throws a runtime exception (#4305).
- Be able to configure the batch size in DeletionLockBufferCruncher. (#4099).
- NPE while closing a file if its storage contains a storage method with unsupported scheme (#4334).
- Fix possible NegativeArraySizeException when uploading large files to S3 (#4256).
- LDAP user sync fails with “too many parameters” SQL Error (#4228).
- EXPORT job is incorrectly marked as FINISHED if one of its steps fails due to being DISAPPEARED (#4200).
- Subtitle rendering is broken for all video formats that are not 4:2:0 (#4024).
- In some cases, thumbnails were not deleted after an item had been removed. (#4021).
- Thumbnailbackground settings in TranscodePresetDocument does not take effect (#3909).
- Deinterlacing provides wrong frame rate (#4258).
- Closed Captions(EIA-608,CEA-708) not found (#4246).
- Incorrect results from CONFORM job on long GOP material (#3549).
- Optimize PSD/PSB reading (#4329).
- Prevent user names been resolved many times during a search request (#4289).
- Add a “recursive” flag to AccessControlType (#4287).
- Be able to create 8 channels of AAC-LC per track in mp4 (#4317).
- Support decoding AAC in MXF (#4158).
- Fix possible user privilege escalation since 5.0 (#4316).
- Fails to connect to an ActiveMQ that requires username and password (#4269).
- Fail to create project version (#4217).
- Items in a child collection not inheriting ancestor’s deletion-locks (#4202).
- Search item by metadata field group fails when long identifiers are enabled (#4194).
- Handle PUT (write) to APInoauth URIs pointing to vxa:// resources (#4132).
- Incorrect search result if fields inside a NOT operator have boost factors (#4127).
- Content path not working for transient metadata on the “/API/search” endpoint (#4040).
- Shape deduction returns wrong duration on certain MXF files (#4243).
- Files on one VSA storage are incorrectly detected on other VSAs storages (#4273).
- VSA transcode job fails if the original file is in S3 bucket (#4225).
- Can’t connect multiple VSAs on the same machine to the same Vidispine server (#4133).
Elastic APM integration¶
Vidispine now supports application performance monitoring using Elastic APM. It monitors the execution of the application for easy pinpointing of performance issues (#4212).
apm: elastic: urls: ["https://apm.example.com/"]
VSA port forwarding service¶
Preallocated growing files¶
Local storages can now be configured to
wait for files to be free before initiating transfers. (#4082).
This is useful for Windows storages where the size and metadata is
constant while a file is copied to the storage, but the file cannot be read.
- Audit logs can now be configured to
include request bodies and response codes(#4154).
- It is now possible to filter by priority when listing jobs (#4138).
- Allow setting a
priority for storage rule jobs(#4216).
- Users can now be created in a disabled state (#3928).
- Search for users by group (#3971).
- Closing raw file chunks is now asynchronous (#4238).
- Avoid segment reading/writing for segments larger than S3 partsize (#4237).
- Include entity id in deletion lock notification (#4078).
- Enable millisecond support for MySQL (#3570).
- Missing allowed values for dataset nodes without parent (#4106).
- Content range in response header longer than complete length if requesting range outside of content length (#4055).
- List item jobs with multiple fields doesn’t product the right output (#4111).
- copyFileJob fails with naming script on files that have not been imported. (#4157).
- Error thrown when reading DatabaseSizeLimit property of license (#4112).
Upgrading from 5.0¶
- APIinit is needed due to a new job step for raw and essence imports.
- Solr: No changes to the documents. Re-indexing is not required.