The release notes will tell you what’s new in each version, and any changes that you must be aware of when upgrading. For reference, Vidispine ticket numbers are printed as (#1234).
- Optimize PSD/PSB reading (#4329).
- Prevent user names been resolved many times during a search request (#4289).
- Add a “recursive” flag to AccessControlType (#4287).
- Be able to create 8 channels of AAC-LC per track in mp4 (#4317).
- Support decoding AAC in MXF (#4158).
- Fix possible user privilege escalation since 5.0 (#4316).
- Fails to connect to an ActiveMQ that requires username and password (#4269).
- Fail to create project version (#4217).
- Items in a child collection not inheriting ancestor’s deletion-locks (#4202).
- Search item by metadata field group fails when long identifiers are enabled (#4194).
- Handle PUT (write) to APInoauth URIs pointing to vxa:// resources (#4132).
- Incorrect search result if fields inside a NOT operator have boost factors (#4127).
- Content path not working for transient metadata on the “/API/search” endpoint (#4040).
- Shape deduction returns wrong duration on certain MXF files (#4243).
- Files on one VSA storage are incorrectly detected on other VSAs storages (#4273).
- VSA transcode job fails if the original file is in S3 bucket (#4225).
- Can’t connect multiple VSAs on the same machine to the same Vidispine server (#4133).
Elastic APM integration¶
Vidispine now supports application performance monitoring using Elastic APM. It monitors the execution of the application for easy pinpointing of performance issues (#4212).
apm: elastic: urls: ["https://apm.example.com/"]
VSA port forwarding service¶
Preallocated growing files¶
Local storages can now be configured to
wait for files to be free before initiating transfers. (#4082).
This is useful for Windows storages where the size and metadata is
constant while a file is copied to the storage, but the file cannot be read.
- Audit logs can now be configured to
include request bodies and response codes(#4154).
- It is now possible to filter by priority when listing jobs (#4138).
- Allow setting a
priority for storage rule jobs(#4216).
- Users can now be created in a disabled state (#3928).
- Search for users by group (#3971).
- Closing raw file chunks is now asynchronous (#4238).
- Avoid segment reading/writing for segments larger than S3 partsize (#4237).
- Include entity id in deletion lock notification (#4078).
- Enable millisecond support for MySQL (#3570).
- Missing allowed values for dataset nodes without parent (#4106).
- Content range in response header longer than complete length if requesting range outside of content length (#4055).
- List item jobs with multiple fields doesn’t product the right output (#4111).
- copyFileJob fails with naming script on files that have not been imported. (#4157).
- Error thrown when reading DatabaseSizeLimit property of license (#4112).
Upgrading from 5.0¶
- APIinit is needed due to a new job step for raw and essence imports.
- Solr: No changes to the documents. Re-indexing is not required.