Users, Groups, and Access control¶
The user management system in Vidispine consists of users, groups, and roles.
- Roles are special groups, which cannot be added or deleted via the API.
- Regular groups and users can be added or deleted via the API.
- Users can belong to any number of groups or roles.
- Groups can depend on any number of groups or roles, although cyclic dependencies are not allowed.
- Roles cannot depend on any group or role.
- Access control for items, libraries, collections
- Access control for metadata fields
- User authentication