The release notes will tell you what’s new in each version, and any changes that you must be aware of when upgrading. For reference, Vidispine ticket numbers are printed as (#1234).
- Allow creating storage methods with same URI but different method types (#4131).
- Cannot add metadata when creating a new shape (#4738).
- Transcode job with “scenechange” thumbnail plugin not working on Vidinet (#4736).
- Duplicate storage-rule file action jobs are stated in some case (#4710).
- parameter importTag not working with raw import (#4695).
- Restarting VSA removes transcoder directAccess element (#4677).
- “db check” command should fail if the database is empty (#4668).
- Incorrect facet results for Elasticsearch, if the SearchDocument contains a “filter” (#4666).
- The AUTO-VSA url generate by VidiCore is incorrect (#4663).
- Audio/video(frozen video) issues after a conform job for .mxf files (#4735).
- Audio/video(unsynced audio) issues after a conform job for .mov (#4733).
- Cannot extract closed captions in MXF file (#4721).
- Transcode job no failing after a file reading error (#4707).
- Conform Job with Audio Mix Option fails with empty mi (#4692).
- Incorrect samples count and duration for aac (#4681).
- Transcoder license endpoint race condition (#4618).
- Incorrect analyze job result if using VSA (#4706).
Collection hierarchy joins can be used to find collections based on their relationship with other collections (#4614).
For example, to find collections that have a child collection with
PUT /collection Content-Type: application/xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <ItemSearchDocument version="2" xmlns="http://xml.vidispine.com/schema/vidispine"> <collection> <field> <name>title</name> <value>vidispine</value> </field> </collection> </ItemSearchDocument>
An item can now be stored multiple times in the same collection (#4615). Metadata on the relation can be used do define for example that only a specific segment from the item is considered part of the collection.
- Shape deduction of EPS file gives binary component (#4704).
- Shape subquery does not work when searching for collection (#4642).
- Using role query param in group search returns 500 (#4616).
- Exception when deleting document metadata by UUID (#4613).
- Global metadata update failing due to slow metadata query (#4604).
- Slow deletion on systems with a large amount of deletion locks (#4588).
- Request failures when performing raw import using concurrent multipart uploads (#4554).
- Metadata group gets created multiple times with same name in the metadata schema (#4318).
- Incorrect auto commit setting in Solr package (#4313).
- Bulky metadata not removed on analyze job failure (#4153).
- Incorrect service “isRunning” flag in a cluster setup (#3890).
- Incorrect image output for PSD to JPEG/PNG transcode (#4672).
- Transcoder segfault for ProRes when pixel format is empty or unsupported (#4589).
- Read timed out error in conform jobs via VSA (#4582).
Upgrading from 5.4¶
- APIinit is needed due to a new job step for analyze jobs.
- Solr: No changes to the documents. Re-indexing is not required.
- This release contains database migrations for both metadata and collections that may take time on larger systems. Please plan upgrades accordingly.
- Searching with cursors: Previously, when reaching the end of a result set, the next cursor returned was null. With 5.5 a valid cursor is returned instead. This enables tailing searches. To check for end of search, either check hits being less than the requested number, or if the returned cursor is the same as the previous cursor.
- When enabling
indexCollectionItemOrder, the order is in ascending order by the first entry of the item in the respective collection. (It is still recommended that this property is set to
falsefor performance reasons.)